Monday, July 11, 2005

Save your battery for a rainy day

Solio, a U.K. firm, has released a line of battery chargers that uses solar energy to energize iPods, mobile phones and other mobile devices as well. Both the iPod and the mobile phone charger feature a fan-blade design and looks like a gadget just out of the Star Trek series. When there is no sunlight, the Solio can be plugged into its wall charger.The rock group, Coldplay, recently agreed to release a limited edition of the Solio iPod charger featuring the art work of their new album, ‘X&Y’. I wish I had an iPod just to get this battery charger (I don’t think my ancient mobile phone will support this charger and my birthday is coming up, this might be taken as a hint).

Check out the price on Amazon.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aj, guess it is time for me to drop my 3310 in the train toilet again :-)

July 11, 2005 10:46 AM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Lol..Dont say that even as a joke. You might lose your new phone that way.
Ajay

July 11, 2005 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude that was probably the quickest reply I have ever had on a Blog. Guess u were camping on.

BTW..went through ur resume...pretty impressive. I too need to convert my resume to a PDF. I don't have a licenced Acrobat product to help me out...but are there are freewares that can help me?

July 11, 2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Check our gmail account.

July 11, 2005 10:56 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

I'm all for this type of charger. It probably costs too much now; give it a few years.

Our highway system here in Florida has emergency call boxes; they all run on solar.

It's a matter of time, but we have to do more of it - oil is a finite resource, after all.

July 11, 2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger Nanette Richards said...

$100 US before you even get to the cost of the phone? I dunno... you're cute and all... maybe Santa will be a better source for this kind of gift :)

I am definitely a supporter of solar energy... and I marvel at the people who run their homes on solar... but I'm so spoiled now with my long, hot showers that I might be too far gone to convert.

July 11, 2005 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Dan Brown's Deception Point, one of the mosquito type surveillance bugs gets charged in a wireless manner :)

Think there is another concept called Wireless Electricity. To charger your mobile, you just need to place it on a cool pad. No Wires. No Plugs. Hope its shock proof.

July 12, 2005 1:32 AM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Yeah,i remember that mosquito now. I am half way through that book. I think Dan Brown's best work is Digital Fortress.

July 12, 2005 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home