Sunday, July 03, 2005

Deep Impact: The real thing

NASA has sent out a probe called ‘Deep Impact’ that will meet the comet ‘Tempel 1’ at 1:52 a.m. EDT Monday. ‘Deep Impact’ will release a 816-pound projectile into the comet and then record the result from a safe distance. This study is being carried out to study the formations underneath the surface of the comet. Hopefully, we will find what comets are made of and if we can blast the bejesus out of any comet that is on a collision course with Earth. I have always had this fear, among other things, of a comet colliding with Earth and killing every living being. Isn't that a scary thought?

To read more about Deep Impact, click on the links below.

Impactor Away: Deep Impact Probe En Route to Comet

Scientists brace for a deep-space impact

5 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Fascinating! This has always been something that has haunted me too...apparently we're not alone! ;o)

July 03, 2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger Nanette Richards said...

Scary sh!t... as always, Ajay is on top of things. Also loved the link to Live 8 - important to note thing of significance in the world, in all of our channels of communication. Kudos to you.

July 03, 2005 9:07 PM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Hi Jevanking, I have added your link to my blog. I am glad you like my blog and I have added your blog to my daily blog surf.

July 03, 2005 11:19 PM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Thank you Dumas and I loved your review of War of the worlds.

July 04, 2005 9:01 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have to agree with you: the thought of a comet colliding with Earth is a very scary thought. I hope the "Deep Impact" probe will provide NASA with all the information they need for such an occurance...

July 04, 2005 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home