Monday, July 04, 2005

Where there’s a will, there is wireless

Why am I the only one jumping?What the local council of Glastonbury did not know when they had imposed noise restrictions is that they will be setting the stage for a new fad. Silent Discos. These restrictions affected the festivities at the music festival as the music had to be stopped shortly after midnight which prompted the organizers to use a simple solution – wireless headphones. The music, instead of being played on loud speakers and bass bins, is streamed into wireless headphones that audience will be using. I am sure it will look weird to see people dancing if you don’t have a headphone on and to make things even stranger; there are 2 radio frequencies with 2 different kinds of music. So if you see one person jumping and another person grooving, it is ‘most likely’ that they are listening to different kinds of music. There will also be some ambience music for those who would prefer to have just a conversation at the music festival.
I hope this gets popular, would be great to have parties at home and not disturb the whole neighborhood. Would you go to a Silent Party?

6 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Richards said...

No way! Next thing you know they'll be advertising silent concerts... wouldn't that be great... paying $85.00 to put headphones on and watch Madonna dance around on stage. I can do that at home while watching MTV or Much.

And can you imagine a group of friends at your place all with headphones on? Do you tap someone to start a conversation with them or do we all learn sign language and become a "silent society"?

What will they think of next?

July 04, 2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Wow, another interesting post, Ajay! Thanks!

I don't think it will catch on. I wear my hair spiky, and it would mash it all down. :o(

My b.f. gets headaches from headphones. So he would be out.

So I know that we wouldn't go. But if it was an alternative to doing nothing, I'd do it.

July 04, 2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Hi Ajay - I found your blog through Jevanking. It's great! I've already linked to you; feel free to do the same if my blog is of interest.

I'll check in and make useless comments; maybe I'll make sense every so often.

July 04, 2005 10:40 PM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Hi Fred,
I have added your blog to my list as well as my daily surf route. I like random thoughts. :)

July 05, 2005 7:03 AM  
Blogger Eauboy said...

I'd like to get a peek at a wireless disco in action. I'm picturing a lot of people screaming in an otherwise quiet room to make themselves heard over their own noise.

July 05, 2005 4:15 PM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

lol..yeah..that would be funny.

July 05, 2005 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home