Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Beer goes open source!!!!!

BeerMove over Linux, here comes ‘Vores Øl’. ‘Vores Øl’ is the world’s first open source beer and Version 1.0 is a medium strong beer (6% vol) which is deep golden red in color. Here is the good thing about open source, people are free to use the recipe to make beer and sell it in stores but they will have to publish the recipe under the Creative Commons License and give credit to the group of students from IT University of Copenhagen. That’s not asking much, is it? The reason for the creation of this open source beer is not to get the world drunk but to see what happens to the open source structure for a universal product like beer.

Click here to get the recipe and start making your own beer. You know what you will be getting at my parties :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Thanks Jevanking, i hope everything turns out ok. Check my new site and give me some feedback if you can.
http://ajayshroff.com

July 19, 2005 12:39 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

I learn such useful stuff when I read other blogs. This one ranks right up there. So much, in fact, I'm off to the fridge to get a beer.

July 19, 2005 7:00 PM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

I am saving mine for friday :)

July 19, 2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger Gambl0r said...

I love it! I've been looking for good home brewing beer stuff on the net for a while now and this has that "geek" appeal you have to love ;)

July 20, 2005 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I know. Let me know how it turns out if you end up following this recipe and making some beer.
Ajay

July 20, 2005 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my pops makes his own beer and it is so much better than anything store bought. :)

July 20, 2005 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home