Sunday, July 24, 2005

Take me to your dealer…or just give me his Orkut ID

OrkutBrazilian police have arrested 10 people accused of selling drugs online. These drug dealers were using Google’s international social networking website, Orkut. Orkut allows members to join and set up online communities to discuss everything from doughnuts to drugs (I guess). Several million Brazilians have become devotees of Orkut since Google launched the networking site in January 2004. They make up more than half of Orkut's 7 million plus members. One can only join Orkut by invitation, so if someone needs a fix, ask me for an invite to Orkut.
Disclaimer: I signed up years back before the Brazilians got there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

I wonder of the popular U.S. sites like MySapce have this problem?

July 25, 2005 10:37 AM  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

i am sure they do.

July 25, 2005 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home