Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Did you know I can’t tell time?

You have seen them at the coffee shop, you have sat next to them at the movies, you may even have had conversations with them, and they lurk everywhere. Yes, I am talking about “Geeks”. People say that I qualify as one too; I disagree although the subject of this blog is not helping my cause. The geeks have a new toy, there is a new watch in the market that displays time in binary format and if you see someone wearing this, be prepared to talk in 1s and 0s. This watch displays the time using the numbers of the binary sequence. The values of the lighted LEDs are added to calculate the time; add the top LEDs to get the hour and the bottom ones for minutes. Sounds like a lot of work to me but some guy called Terence Wong says that all that one really needs is the ability to do mental arithmetic. Why??? . Why can’t I look at my ‘normal’ watch and tell the time? Ok, I get it Terence, when someone looks at the watch and asks ‘what the hell is that?’ you say it’s a watch and ONLY I CAN TELL THE TIME and then give the all knowing smile.
You should be calling ‘Hitch’ pretty soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

My son is a total technology geek, and proud of it. He would kill to get this watch. I just found his birthday present!

June 22, 2005 10:33 AM  
Blogger Nanette Richards said...

Just wondering what other fabulous accessories I could get to go with one of these bad boys?

June 22, 2005 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home