Wednesday, June 15, 2005

What is Podcasting?

Blogs helped create a writer out of you, now Podcasts will help create a DJ or RJ out of you. Podcasting is the new ‘in-thing’ to do and I suggest you jump on this bandwagon as soon as you can. Here is a simple ‘how it works’, you can go to any podcasting website, download podcasts as an MP3 onto your computer or MP3 player and listen to it whenever you get the time or create an MP3 and upload it to these podcast websites and your audience can download them.
Frankly, I have not tried this concept myself but I am going to give myself a shot of this once I get home today. It sounds really interesting and this would be a nice way to hear the latest music without the pains of advertisements (I believe most of the podcasts do not have advertisements yet).
Now that I have whet your appetite, to learn more about podcasting, click on the links below

How stuff works: Podcasting

Wikipidea: Podcasting

Podcasts: New Twist on Net Audio

The freshest podcasts in the known universe

Podcast.Net

A directory of cool stuff for the podcasting community

Howard Stern, if you are reading this, here is a great opportunity for you to get one over the FCC.

1 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I posted in your other blog that this is way cool. I have friends in the radio industry and will be shooting this blog over to them. Thanks!

June 22, 2005 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home