Saturday, August 27, 2005

Bad dog, no battery

NintendogsNintendo has released a puppy simulator for the North American market. This game lets players nurture and train a virtual dog. Nintendogs has been a big hit in Japan but then we know the kind of stuff the Japanese like. The Japanese have always liked taking care of virtual animals, children, friends and plants too, I guess. Back to Nintendogs, the game comes out in three editions and offers 18 breeds for the players to care for, train and play with. Using artificial intelligence, a built-in microphone, and a touch screen, Nintendo’s puppy responds to a player’s voice and reacts to praise and discipline. The game also has a “bark mode” that detects an available wireless network for contact with other players. Nintendo hopes to put a leash (no pun intended) on the Sony PSP sales with this game and frankly, I do not think this game will affect the sales of the PSP.
Nintendogs is available for the Nintendo DS.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

oh yes. My son LOVES this game. We haven't bought it yet, cuz we'll have to buy the whole system. But I think it's a great idea!

August 27, 2005 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks really cute. I would have loved this as a kid. Too bad I'm to old to play it...and don't have a Nintendo...

September 04, 2005 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home